Dear SPARC Directors,
Please join me in welcoming the following individuals, who have been selected by SPARC's voting membership to serve on the SPARC Steering Committee for three-year terms running from January 2014 through December 2016:
- John Ulmschneider, Virginia Commonwealth University (non-ARL director)
- Loubna Ghaouti, Universite Laval (Canadian director)
Congratulations to this outstanding group of new members! They each bring invaluable experience, perspective, and insight that will benefit SPARC tremendously in the coming years.
I’d like to thank the other fine candidates who graciously consented to participate in the election process, as well as the Nominating Committee for 2013: David Carlson, Faye Chadwell and Gwendolyn Ebbett. Thanks to you all!
These new members join the current members of the SPARC Steering Committee:
- Jun Adachi, Japanese National Institute of Informatics (for SPARC Japan)
- Mary Case, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Richard Clement, Utah State University
- Barbara Dewey, Pennsylvania State University
- Lorraine Haricombe, Chair, University of Kansas
- Deborah Jakubs, Duke University
- Mary Marlino, National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Lee Van Orsdel, Grand Valley State University
- Kevin Smith, Duke University
- Alma Swan, SPARC Europe
- Vivian Lewis, McMaster University (for CARL)
I also want to extend our deep gratitude to the Steering Committee members whose terms concluded in 2013, Rosann Bazirjian (University of North Carolina at Greensboro), Gerald Beasley (Concordia University) and Martha Whitehead (Queen’s University and CARL representative). You have all made invaluable contributions to SPARC during the past three or more years – helping us to shape our programs, set priorities, and keep our momentum going forward.
As ever, thanks to you – our members – for helping to ensure the success of SPARC and our programs. It’s a pleasure to work on your behalf.
Executive Director, SPARC