1. SPARC News
2. Partner News
Please see the SPARC Web site for a complete list of news from SPARC partners.
3. Industry Roundup
Please see the Open Access News Blog for more on these and other industry developments from the past month.
4. Resources for Authors
More SPARC Resources for Authors.
5. Resources for Publishers
More SPARC guides, tools, and links for publishers are available on the SPARC Web site.
6. SPARC Resources for Students
Read more on the SPARC-sponsored, Baker-authored Open Students Blog.
7. Upcoming events
SAVE THE DATES:
Open Access Week 2009
October 19 - 23, 2009
SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting 2010
November 8 - 9, 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
DSpace Foundation, Fedora Commons, Sun Microsystems and SPARC Present All About Repositories Webinar Series
These and other important events can be found on the SPARC Activities Calendar.
8. Articles of Interest
- Lee C. Van Orsdel & Kathleen Born, Reality Bites: Periodicals Price Survey 2009, Library Journal, April 15, 2009
- Leslie Chan, Open Access: Promises and Challenges of Scholarship in the Digital Age, Academic Matters, April 14, 2009
- Heather Joseph, Fair to whom? New House bill challenges public access, College & Research Libraries News, April 2009
- Gabe Schubiner, In Defense of Open Access, The Eye, April 9, 2009
- Richard J. Roberts, Protect our access to medical research, Boston Globe, March 23, 2009
- Mike Rossner, An unfair formula. Boston Globe, March 30, 2009.
- Declan Butler, The textbook of the future, Nature, April 1, 2009
- Pat Lohmann, Students mourn outdated textbooks, New Mexico Daily Lobo, March 26, 2009
- Alicia Brown, 'Open Access' repository to house works of OSU faculty publishers, The Daily Barometer, April 9, 2009.
- Meredith Wadman, Open-access policy flourishes at NIH, Nature, April 7, 2009
- Molly Kleinman, Lessons from Open Access Week, Molly Kleinman, March 30, 2009
- Dawn Lim, Cornell Librarians Protest Bill Closing Access to NIH Research, Cornell Daily Sun, March 30, 2009
- Andrew Albanese, Another First, as MIT Faculty Adopts "University-Wide" Open Access Policy, Library Journal, 3/25/2009
- Jeffrey Young, MIT Professors Approve Campuswide Policy to Publish Scholarly Articles Free Online, Chronicle of Higher Education News Blog, March 23, 2009
- Jennifer Howard, U. of Michigan Press Reorganizes as a Unit of the Library, Chronicle of Higher Education, March 23, 2009
- Scott Jaschik, Farewell to the Printed Monograph, Inside Higher Ed, March 23, 2009
- Peter Suber, A field guide to misunderstandings about open access, The SPARC Open Access Newsletter, April 2009
You can help create a more equitable system for scholarly communication. Join SPARC!
Here are three things SPARC member libraries focused on in 2008:
- Ensuring public access to publicly funded research
- Raising libraries' profile in campus policy
- Expanding the coalition for Open Access to research
- Read how...
Is your library a SPARC member?