Support from students like you will be invaluable in opening access both nationally and on campus. Honestly, your support can make a HUGE difference...
What you can do:
- Sign up for our e-mail list to stay updated on the latest Open Access news and calls to action.
- Get your student government and/or student organization to sign the Student Statement on the Right to Research.
- Contact your elected officials. Visit the Alliance for Taxpayer Access Legislative Action Center for templates to write your representatives.
- Ask your university administration to adopt an Open Access mandate.
- Ask your professors to support Open Access.
- Raise awareness on your campus!
- Write a letter to the editor of your campus newspaper. Check out these letters for inspiration:
- Tell your friends!
- Organize an event on your campus to educate others about Open Access. If you need swag for your event, contact SPARC.
If you have any questions about what you can do or how to get started, contact SPARC's Student Outreach Fellow!