So you want to include students in your campus outreach efforts on Open Access. Great! Here are a few tips.
- Learn how students relate to the journal system. This will provide context for the conversation and may suggest potential outcomes. Read about the various roles students play in scholarly communications in C&RL News.
- Learn how students relate to the Internet.
- Develop a distinct message and identity for your effort, informed by the information you gather about students.
- Use your assets:
- Library Web site
- Mailing list
- Library physical space
- Reach out on campus through:
- Campus mailing lists
- Direct mail
- Posters around campus
- Tabling / handbills around campus
- Offer to speak to student groups (esp. academic)
- Organize events
Or, to be really effective, ask your campus students for guidance. Be sure and take advantage of resources available on this site