What student governments can do to support open access
- Sign the Student Statement on the Right to Research .
- Pass a resolution supporting Open Access.
- Ask your university's administration to adopt policies that support Open Access.
- Include information about Open Access in your newsletter or mailing list.
- Organize events on campus to educate your members and peers about Open Access.
- Join the Alliance for Taxpayer Access.
- Add buttons supporting Open Access to your Web site.
- Add information about Open Access to your Web site.
- When action alerts are issued, issue a statement on behalf of your student government. Contact legislators to communicate your view of the issue. (Join the SPARC Advocacy email list to receive alerts).
- If you fund research grants for students, adopt a policy encouraging grant recipients to make their research Open Access.
- If you fund student conferences that have research poster sessions or research paper sessions, adopt a policy encouraging funded conferences to make those posters and papers Open Access.
- If your student government is a member of state or national organizations, networks, or consortia, ask them to support Open Access.
Student section sidebar links